Whether you are a total beginner or advanced amateur, we welcome you to join us at the West Kentucky Amateur Astronomy gatherings.
We are a club bound by the love of the night sky. There is no instrument to small nor scope to large for us to enjoy. If you don't
have a scope, bring a pair of binoculars and we'll show you how to find things in the night sky you probabaly didn't know were there.
We will also let you look through the club instruments or other scopes on the observing field.
If you have a telescope, bring it along if you like. You can set it up, and we'll help you learn to use it if you don't know how.
We don't want anyone intimidated by the fear of knowing too little. Astronomy is a lifelong learning adventure and
we would love to assist you in learning more about the hobby we all enjoy.
WKAA Club Meetings
- Club Meetings scheduled once per month nearest the new moon
( meeting schedule )
- Monthly Meetings held at the Golden Pond Observatory ( Directions )
- Meeting time 7:00 PM till whenever
- Bring your telescope, set up before dark
- Public viewing sessions vary according to the event
- Observing field etiquette required ( observing etiquette rules )
- Club dues $25/year + $5 for participating family members
- Download the membership form ( link to PDF downloadable form )
Twin Lakes Star Party
Star Party Info
- Membership in the Astronomical League Included
- Free subscription to Reflector Magazine, the Astronomical League
- Discounts on Sky and Telescope and Astronomy magazines
- Usage of club scopes and equipment
- 16 inch fork-mounted Schmidt Cassegrain telescope in the Golden Pond
- 8 inch Mead fork mounted Schmidt Cassegrain telescope
- 8 inch dobsonian telescope
- 6 inch dobsonian telescope